7 hours (usually 1 day including breaks)
Basic knowledge about Linux system
Ability to use bash shell
If your organization have Linux systems which numbers rapidly increase you probably face the problem with managing user accounts. Every user has to have an account on multiple servers, where you have to prepare that account manually. With this course you will learn how to setup one point where you can store all of your accounts, and thanks to this you will simplify and increase productivity of management processes.
- LDAP: What it is and what it does
- Organization of the data in the directory
- LDAP Data Interchange Format
- Filters and search facilities
- Adding, modifying and deleting objects
Installation and Configuration
- Basic Setup and introduction to the OpenLDAP Configuration (OLC)
- Mechanisms for data storage
- Installation of OpenLDAP
- Initial setup of OLC
- Setting up TLS
- Defining access control lists (ACL)
- Logging System
- High availability and data replication
Configuring applications and services
- Configuration of NSS and PAM
- Management of system users with OpenLDAP
- Apache - Basic Auth configuration mechanism
- GUI tools
- Phpldapadmin - Installation and Configuration
I genuinely enjoyed the great information and content.
The trainer was very knowledgeable but again, the course it not very well structured.
The interaction with the trainer was very good and open.
Michael Zurek - AXA Services Belgium SA/NV
I liked being able to understand how openldap works.
Luis Alonso - Acuntia SAU VAT: A80644081
I liked the trainer knowledge and the way to explain real cases.
Acuntia SAU VAT: A80644081
It was adaptable to our needs.