14 hours (usually 2 days including breaks)
- Experience with the Linux command line.
- Application programming experience in any of the languages supported by OpenFaas.
- A general familiarity with Kubernetes and Docker.
This instructor-led, live training (onsite or remote) is aimed at developers who wish to use OpenFaas to create, build, test, debug and deploy event-driven functions without needing to worry about managing the underlying server infrastructure.
By the end of this training, participants will be able to:
- Install and configure OpenFaas.
- Package any binary or code as a serverless function without repetitive boiler-plate coding.
- Decouple from AWS Lambda to avoid lock-in.
- Deploy event-driven functions to an on-premise server or to the cloud.
Format of the Course
- Interactive lecture and discussion.
- Lots of exercises and practice.
- Hands-on implementation in a live-lab environment.
Course Customization Options
- To request a customized training for this course, please contact us to arrange.
- To learn more about OpenFaas, please visit: https://www.openfaas.com/
Overview of OpenFaas Architecture
Preparing the Development Environment
Installing and Configuring OpenFaas
Getting Started with the CLI
Writing a Function
Testing the Function
Uploading the Function
Expanding the Function
Handling Function Dependencies
Calling a Function
Chaining Functions Together
OpenFaas "Function Store"
Securing Your Functions
Logging and Troubleshooting
Summary and Conclusion