21 hours (usually 3 days including breaks)
- Experience with Linux command line.
- System administrators
- Data engineers
Apache NiFi (Hortonworks DataFlow) is a real-time integrated data logistics and simple event processing platform that enables the moving, tracking and automation of data between systems. It is written using flow-based programming and provides a web-based user interface to manage dataflows in real time.
In this instructor-led, live training (onsite or remote), participants will learn how to deploy and manage Apache NiFi in a live lab environment.
By the end of this training, participants will be able to:
- Install and configure Apachi NiFi.
- Source, transform and manage data from disparate, distributed data sources, including databases and big data lakes.
- Automate dataflows.
- Enable streaming analytics.
- Apply various approaches for data ingestion.
- Transform Big Data and into business insights.
Format of the Course
- Interactive lecture and discussion.
- Lots of exercises and practice.
- Hands-on implementation in a live-lab environment.
Course Customization Options
- To request a customized training for this course, please contact us to arrange.
Introduction to Apache NiFi
- Data at rest vs data in motion
Overview of Big Data and Apache Hadoop
- HDFS and MapReduce architecture
Setting up and Running a NiFi Cluster
- Cluster Integration
- Load Balancing/Redundancy
- Mass Orchestration of NiFi (via Ansible)
- Database Aggregating, Splitting and Transforming
- Data Extractions, Logging, etc.
- Integrating with Splunk (optional)
Monitoring and Recovery
- Recovering without Data Loss
- Autonomous Recovery
- Performance tuning
- Optimizing Nifi Setup
Summary and Conclusion
Training topics and engagement of the trainer
Izba Administracji Skarbowej w Lublinie
Communication with people attending training.
Andrzej Szewczuk - Izba Administracji Skarbowej w Lublinie
usefulness of exercises
Algomine sp.z.o.o sp.k.
I really enjoyed the training. Anton has a lot of knowledge and laid out the necessary theory in a very accessible way. It is great that the training was a lot of interesting exercises, so we have been in contact with the technology we know from the very beginning.
Szymon Dybczak - Algomine sp.z.o.o sp.k.
The trainers in depth knowledge of the subject
Ajay was a very experienced consultant and was able to answer all our questions and even made suggestions on best practices for the project we are currently engaged on.
The NIFI workflow excercises
answers to our specific questions