14 hours (usually 2 days including breaks)
- An interest in developing people, improving efficiency, and eliminating waste within the organization
- Business managers
- Quality assurance managers and consultants
Lean Management is an approach to running an organization. It promotes a long-term view of work and a culture of continuous improvement -- seeking to continuously and systematically achieve small, incremental changes in processes in order to improve efficiency and quality.
In this instructor-led, live training (onsite or remote), participants learn how to apply Lean principles and practices within a manufacturing context and establish a culture of continuous improvement.
The training combines case activities and discussions with live, hands-on practice using the tools, metrics, and methods needed to implement Lean systems and processes. Some of the concepts covered include:
- Determining the root cause of inefficiencies.
- Measuring performance.
- Realizing the continuous improvement cycle.
- Organizing Kaizen events.
- Instilling a mindset of Lean thinking across the organization.
Format of the Course
- Interactive lecture and discussion.
- Lots of exercises and practice.
- Hands-on implementation in a live-lab environment.
Course Customization Options
- To request a customized training for this course, please contact us to arrange.
- History of Lean: The Toyota Production System
- Organizing human activities
Benefits of Lean
- Cash flow improvement
- Increased capacity for revenue
Five Principles of Lean
- The Value Stream
Types of Waste
- Seven types of waste
- Using the wrong metrics to measure waste
- Observing processes
- Understanding the key aspects of a KPI
Preparing the Enterprise for Lean
- Creating Lean processes
- Tracking work through Kanban
- Overcoming resistance to change
Implementing Lean in Your Organization
- Organizing the teams
- Kaizen and the continuous improvement cycle
- Developing people and partners
- Organizing the workspace for efficiency
- 5 S+1: Sort, Straighten, Shine, Standardize, Sustain, Safety
- Reducing the time for equipment changeovers
- SMED (Single-Minute Exchange of Dies)
- Calculating the pace of production (Takt time)
- Autonomation (Jidoka)
- Error proofing (Poka Yoke)
Value Stream Mapping
- Lean measurements
- Creating current and future state maps
Promoting Lean Thinking across the Enterprise
- Tools + culture change
- Developing communication and feedback channels
- Focusing on long-term learning
Developing Lean Leaders
- Setting up a Lean leadership team
- Creating a succession system
Assessing the Results of Lean
- The Lean Maturity Matrix
- Tracking performance
- Benchmarking against other companies
- Continuous monitoring and improvement
- Agile and Scrum
- Six Sigma
Summary and Conclusion
I generally enjoyed the topic.
I was benefit from that Armor management personnel is taking it seriously.
Ed Huet - Armscor
Alvin did a GREAT job of engaging the participants. He relayed many examples of his personal experiences with implementing lean and he has (and it comes across well) a very engaging personality. Great instructor that makes the learning experience fun and engages his audience well!.
Don Dehmlow - Armscor
The exercise that we do to apply what we learned.
Joey Espinosa - Armscor
The training was very competent and resourceful.
Nomer Velena - Armscor
When our trainer goes outside with us, gives us the initial assessment to the plant, and actually relate the current state to the techniques he shared.
Ma. Angeloubert Pelonio - Armscor
I was benefit from the value Stream Mapping, Lean Concept and practice, Process waste identification.
Emmanuel Erickson Dacanay - Armscor
I genuinely was benefit from the lean Exercise - 8 wastes.
The new approach of 5's and its good effect to our company if implemented.
Noel Nadnadin - Armscor
I enjoyed the revived mindfulness in the workplace.
Paolo Emerson Lagrosas - Armscor
Trainer knows when to throw punch lines to keep the class attentive to his discussions.
Reynaldo II Avila - Armscor
I really enjoyed the Training Exercises.
Olivia Gabriel - Armscor